Thursday, January 21, 2010

"La-la-la-la-lei!"

Whenever I visit my parents home in Pennsylvania, I return to my apartment in NYC with more items (usually of the edible kind) than I left with. This past weekend, I picked up some organic arugula, cherry tomatoes, peppery turkey and the worst 24-hour stomach virus I have ever contracted in my life! So I guess that cancels out the previous items on the list. Anyway, I'm feeling better now so we won't dwell on that.
At home, I am also reminded of things from my childhood. For example, I saw a copy of "Ferdinand The Bull" sitting on my brothers dresser. I couldn't resist. Such an adorable story. It reminded me of some of my other childhood favorites and inspired me to start this blog. So for my college friends who are early childhood/elementary school teachers, (dan, pwhit, steen!) Here are some of my favorites. If possible please incorporate the following into your spring lesson plans:

Caps for Sale
The Story of Ping (read it,the title of this post will make more sense if you do!)
The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Junk Food (actually all of the Berentstain Bear books)
Doctor De Soto
Strega Nona

and The Little Red Hen

2 comments:

  1. I have all of those books in my classroom except the Ping one. I've actually never heard of it. But I will definitely have to check it out and read it to my class. I love children's lit and read my class as many stories as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I have all of those books too! Dr. De Soto is such a cute one... I had forgotten about it. The Ping one sounds familiar, I'll have to look it up and see if I have that one. Caps for Sale is a classic!

    ReplyDelete